Saturday, November 10, 2007

Professor Bevan Damrosch's Online Classroom

Hi everyone, Professor Damrosch here, your favorite English Professor. How are you?

In keeping with our reading of F. Scott Fitzgerlad's classic The Great Gatsby (What a ride!), I found these links which examine the striking symbolism of the famed "Green Light" at the end of this exemplary example of American Lit. Kudos to the web for these gems!

Novelguide.com

Homework-Online.com

Megaessays.com

I hope everyone gains as much insight as I did when researching this illuminating nugget from Mr. Fitzgerald. As you have guessed this novel reminds me of my own story.

Professor Damrosch's Hot Tip: When reading The Great Gatsby expirement with listening to the Kronos Quartet's rendition of Glass: Dracula. I believe you'll be more than pleasantly elated.

Professor Damrosch out.

No comments: